Sunset

Sunset

Thursday, February 28, 2013

BOSTON RED SOX SPRING TRAINING DAY 1 & 2

FLORIDA WEEK 2 (PART 2): BOSTON RED SOX SPRING TRAINING DAY 1 & 2


Day 1

I wanted to check out the Twins Spring Training, but they were having a game and charged for parking, so I head to the Red Sox facility and the minor leaguers where practicing. I sat and watched my favorite play Travis Shaw all morning and took pictures and video. Travis starting his second year as an everyday first basemen, had a good day on the field. He took some bad hops and turn then into great plays and others got pass him, but over all an good day. In the box, he was selective as always only swinging at good pitches. He had no home runs, but a good stroke and approach at the plate. I did not think that the minor leaguers have arrived, so I had nothing for them to sign. I walked around the four field they were using writing down names and uniform numbers of the prospects I wanted to get autographs from. So, when I come back I will be better prepared.

   Travis Shaw Spring Training Picture





Day 2

When I arrived only two fields was being used and the players were mostly from A ball or on the DL. I did a quick look around and there was no sign of Travis Shaw, so I started looking for the other prospect. I found Sean Coyle (2B advance A) and Bryce Brentz (OF AAA). Bryce Brentz is on the DL from shooting himself while cleaning his gun. He was driving the ball long and deep to all parts of the field. A few were hit out of the park over the left field fence. Sean Coyle had a good day in the box too. He had hit some gappers and one or two out of the park. He also showed range at second getting to some balls to his left and right. After practice I followed them off the field and got them to sign a baseball on the sweet spot and a picture of them. Tomorrow is a night home game and practice will be open again, I will visit and see if Travis Shaw will be on the field and try and get some autographs of him... again.

Bryce Brentz Photo and Auto baseball


 Sean Coyle Photo and Signed Baseball



No comments:

Post a Comment