Sunset

Sunset

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

FLORIDA WEEK 2: NEW LOOK TO BLOG & FT MYERS BEACH

I have been playing around with the view of the blog. I've added a cover photo (which I will likely change, just testing), added Canada map to places visited and I found a count up clock to let everyone know how long we been full-timers. I wanted to add something different to monitor instead of just reading my post. Add your comments at the bottom and let me know what you think of the changes.

25 Feb
We wanted to ride our bike in the park across the lake, but my front break was locked. As I started to fix it a piece of medal got stuck in my thumb. I want to the throw my bike. The wife pulled the medal out of my thumb. Instead of bike riding we walked in the park. We must have walked about three miles and the sweet was poring from our forehead. We went to the store to get a few things and turn out to be a lot of stuff. We spent the rest of the day at the RV park reading a book and using the computer to plane the rest of our stay.

                                                   The train that run around the park
                                                              on a 1/2 mile track

                                                               Crossing another bridge
                                                       keeping my eyes open for alligators

                                              View of the waters surrounding the parks trails

                                         Another view of the waters surrounding the parks trails


26 Feb
Another nice morning and this time we went to Ft Myers Beach (about a 15 minute drive) for our morning walk. It was a sad sight to see dead fish all a long the coast. Not sure what the problem was, maybe something in the ocean waters. There was a lot of people walking on the beach too, so it must be kind of safe. We saw no one in the ocean, but did see some fishing from the shore. All of the dead fish should be a sing not to eat what you catch and move to a different place. We picked up anther visitors guide to get some more ideas on where to go next. The weather was calling for 20+ degree winds and my luck with the awning I did not want to take any chances so I closed it up. The breeze feels nice and cool, but we don't want another broken awning.

                                                     This is what the whole beach looked like
                                                All kinds of fish, not just one type big and small

                                                                       Balloon fish

                                                              Ft Myers Beach Pier

                                             The wind was so strong the camera was rocking
                                              on the walkway when the picture was taken

I wanted to find out what was killing all the fish. When we got back to the RV Park I searched the internet. It did not take long to find out is was because of Red Tide. I also found out it could be harmful to humans too. The alert was issued around the first week of February and has passed, but there are still dead fish everywhere. It was the first ever alert for Red Tide. Click on the link to read more. RED TIDE

No comments:

Post a Comment