Sunset

Sunset

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

LAST COUPLE OF DAYS

22 September 2012 (Saturday)

Woke up at Midnight to rain falling on the RV. When I woke up my wife wished me a happy birthday. That's right for the last sixteen years I have been 25. The rain was so loud I had to use a trick I used when I was stationed on the USS Kitty Hawk (aircraft carrier), I put ear plugs in my ears and fell asleep like a baby.

                  My Parents treated me and my wife to a birthday dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  






This is weekend one of two for trick or treat at the campground. We got five bags of candy and was looking forward to handing them out to the kids as they passed our RV. However, Mother Nature had her hand in not letting that happen... at least for this weekend. I hope she is kinder next weekend or the wife and I will have to eat the five bags of candy.

The owners of the campground have gone all out in celebrating Halloween. As soon as you enter the parking lot all the way to my site there is something with Halloween theme.









   
There is also a Haunted House (tent). Hope to walk through on weekend two of Halloween. 



23 September 2012 (Sunday)

NFL week 3 picks with Vegas odds... my first week under .500 with the worst week so far this season. Some of the teams I picked won the game, but did cover the spread. Lot of upsets by the underdogs too. Week 3 I went 5-10-1. My season total record is  22-24-2. I have to do some better research for my week 4 picks. 

24 September 2012 (Monday)

The rain has stopped and trying to get better internet I went outside the RV and have not lots connection (as often as I did inside the RV). When I want to post to this blog or even surf the net for places to visit next I go outside, but I have to wear a jacket to keep somewhat warm.

The last couple of nights I would wake up with no blanket on, because the wife took them all. I'm taking this as a sign to move South and towards warmer weather.  We have decided to move our departure day ahead by 11 days and leave on the morning of 3 October 2012. That means we have a week to get the car and RV checked and one last push to get everything in order before hitting the road.   

We still have some firewood and likely to have one last BIG campfire on Wednesday or Thursday (if weather permits).    

No comments:

Post a Comment