Sunset

Sunset

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND 

The weekend was spent with family and friends to honor those who have giving the ultimate sacrifice so the rest of us could live free. When I sit back and think about it, I realize that I'm third generation American and third generation military veteran. My family have served America in ever major conflict starting with my Grandfather in WWII and Korean War, my father in Vietnam and myself in Desert Storm, Desert Shield, Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation Enduring Freedom and the beginning to Operation New Dawn. To all my military brothers and sister you will never be forgotten.

We kick started the summer and the weekend off in style with a few BBQ's and baseball game thrown in the mix. After returning to the campground from our Friday morning running around whatever sites was open was now full of RV's. Friday, Saturday and Sunday I went to RubberDucks games (blog post to follow). Saturday was our first BBQ at the campground with my Aunt, Uncle and neighbors where there was more food than anyone could eat. Needless to say there was a lots of leftovers that we will be eating until next weekend.





Monday evening Hiromi and I went to my parents for a BBQ where my Aunt and Uncle from the campground came too. This time the food portions was better ratio with hardly any leftovers.





The sunset put the perfect ending to the weekend.

Spending time with family and friends is a change from what we have had the last few years on the road, but when it happens it makes it that much more special. If this weekend was a sign to what's to come this summer will be one of the best and I will have to step up my workouts to keep all the weight off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment