Sunset

Sunset

Thursday, June 30, 2016

AKRON RUBBERDUCKS WEEK 12

 AKRON RUBBERDUCKS WEEK 12

This past week have gone by fast, but it feels like I have not been to a game in months. The Ducks were only gone for 4 days and I was having withdraws. They finished a 3 games series in Reading and dropped the series 1-2. Ducks were at one time the best team in the Eastern League with a large lead in their division, now they are a 42-31 with a 1 game lead in the division. This is the week to start winning. Trenton Thunder comes in for a four game series with a rain out double header on Saturday.

Game one: Showed up at first pitch. Coming off the field after the third out Nile Rodriguez tossed up the ball when returning to the dugout and I got it. The Duck then brought 9 men to the plate scoring 5 runs. That's all they needed as the won 5-2.

Game two: SGA game and season ticket holders had to wait in the general admissions lines. For some odd reason with no answer why, the gates did not open until 30 minutes before the game. The SGA was Willie Mays Hays (movie Major Leagues) bobblehead. There were guys walking around the ballpark with a sign that read "buying bobblehead $20".When I got home and checked eBay they were selling between $80 and $150.

Even with less time then normal I still got two Ducks autographs.

I saw the first ever LIVE hidden ball trick out. The Trenton runner was on second and the outfielder threw the ball to the shortstop. The pitcher was standing off the mound and the runner got his lead off second, the shortstop came over and tagged the runner out for the third out. Like I always say "I can always see something new everyday".

I don't know what's going on, but the Ducks looked like little leaguers when it came to base running. Once on a miss bunt a runner was too far off second and got thrown out. Anther time, the run rounded second and got thrown out by the left fielder before the run scored. Those two running mistakes cost them the game as they lost 3-4.

Game three: Part of a doubleheader and make up game from May 4th rain out. These are the games I dream of as I get to watch two baseball games for the price of one. However, this is not Hiromi's dream. Since she came to the game with me I have to respect her wishes and stayed for only one game.

Unfortunately, the Ducks lost by the same score 3-4 and I don't think I could have handled two loses in one day.

Game four: Game four was a 2pm start and I stayed at the campground spending time with my wife. Good thing I did I would have probable left earl as they lost 2-12 and fell out off first place in there division.

I saw this day coming weeks ago.With the 1-3 series lost the Ducks are 43-34 in second place and .5 out of first and one game up on third. The top two teams advance to the playoffs in each division. After this seven game road trrp the Ducks return home to play the NEW first place Altoona Curve.

Week 12 Haul


Week's total: 2 games, 1 balls (0 give-a-way), 2 autographs 2 SGA
Games: 0 day  1 night  1 doubleheader   Home record: 1-1

Akron's total: 31 games, 111 balls (50 give-a-way), 88 autographs, 2 bat, 9 SGA,
Games: 8 day  23 night  0 doubleheader   Home record: 22-9

2016 baseball season total: 46 games, 152 balls (55 give-a-way), 173 autographs, 9 bats


No comments:

Post a Comment