Sunset

Sunset

Friday, May 20, 2016

CAMPING IN NEO

CAMPING IN NEO


I wanted to post something different besides Akron Rubberducks baseball games. Three weeks into the season and it's a ghost town in the campground. Even on the weekends, there are only a hand full of campers. I'm sure that will change after Memorial Day, but until then there is not much going on. We go to the Hartville Flea Market on non raining days, visit my parents once a week (to do laundry), walk around the RV park and both of us sit on our computers way to long. I guess the biggest adventure we have is seeing if our awning will remain in one piece. We have not opened it all winter and when we did water just pulled out and the bottom was filthy. When I opened the awning the pull down strap broke, so I had to get a new one. After the awning arms bars bent along with the release switch in Haslet, TX (during our workamping at Amazon) it took two guys to get it closed. 
After cleaning it I strapped and tied it down. With no one at the park and not knowing if Hiromi will be able to help me get it closed, we watch the weather to see when the winds will be high and watch the awning dance hoping that the straps and rope will hold. Either when my Uncle or neighbor returns I will have to ask for their help to see if I can get it to close. Until then ...(fingers crossed)... hoping the wind stays under 20 MPH. North East Ohio (NEO)weather is so unpredictable, one day it's sunny in the 80's the next it's raining in the 30's. It even snowed one day and stuck to the ground in some parts of Cleveland. June can not get here quick enough for me!

When staying in one spot for the summer it's a slower pace than what I'm use to the last two summers. When Akron RubberDucks are on the road everyday seems to have it's routine, and it feels like we're locked in the RV because of the unknown weather forecast. I just have to get out and do something. I have not felt this locked up since we lived in our apartment.Whatever the case I have to put an end to this dreadful so called routine and get back to having fun and adventures. I had enough and told Hiromi that I was taking her out to eat dinner. We only went to Grinders, but it felt good to get out of the RV even it was only for a few hours to eat dinner.

NEO weather changed once again, now it in the 70's and sunny. After seeing my parents (and getting our laundry done) I cut our lawn with a weed wacker (the only down side to staying at Cutty's). Cutty's had it's first pot luck of the season, Hiromi made deviled eggs.
The turn out was bigger than we thought, I have not seen this many people all year. They must have been locked in their rigs too because of the weather. Great company, meeting new people and rekindling old friendships.


Scheduling game nights are still in the works, but Wednesday morning donuts are set in stone, followed by midweek exercise Wednesday... Funny how that works! 

No comments:

Post a Comment