Sunset

Sunset

Monday, May 23, 2016

AKRON RUBBERDUCKS WEEK 7


AKRON RUBBERDUCKS WEEK 7

20-22 May

Coming home after a 7 game road trip the Ducks went 5-2. Including a three game series against the Eastern Division leaders Hartford Yard Goats where the Ducks took the series 2-1. Akron is sitting pretty in their division at 28-11 with a 6.5 game lead in the division and now has the best record in the Eastern League.

Akron will host Binghamton for a quick three game weekend series before heading back on the road. The last time the Mets came to Canal Park the Ducks swept the three game series. I do not have any Mets players baseball cards and I keep getting the same Duck players on baseball cards. I think I'll try and get Bradley Zimmer and Clint Frazier on MLB baseballs. I'll take both the baseball cards and MLB baseball, I'll see what is easier to get signed when I get to the games. Akron will have a firework show on Friday and SGA on Saturday.

Game one: I arrived at the stadium 30 minutes before first pitch. I went to the Ducks foul line to try and get autographs. I got a total of six including Bradley Zimmer on a MLB Baseball. There was a group of teenagers in front of me and one girl, maybe 15-17 years old is Masklophobia (fear of mascot).
She was shacking, crying and she fell to ground and rolled into a ball. When the Mascot came to her row she jumped over the seats several row back just to get away from them. This was the first time I have ever seen Masklophobia in a teenager (only really young kids)and I felt bad for her as her friends were laughing at her. Back to the game...Ducks scored 6 run in the first 6 inning, then the relief pitchers came in and gave up 7 runs before getting the first out in the inning. The Ducks would come back scoring one run in the 7th to tie and one in the 8th to take the lead.  For the final play of the game was a foul ball near the visitor dugout were the catcher caught the ball, but fell on his but. He jumped up and threw the ball to third base to get the runner trying to tag up from second base. I moved to that side of the field to try and get a broken bat after the game (no luck) and the play happen just to the right of me. I' was looking for the video of that play, but nothing was posted on the Duck website. Ducks won 8-7. I did not stay for the firework show with music from Justin Bieber.                        

Game two: It rained on and off most of last night and today. Since I did not go to BP yesterday, I went today. Unfortunately. the tarp was on the field and no BP today. There was not much to do but sit in my seat and watch the clouds move in with the grounds crew on standby to roll out the tarp if it started to rain heavy again.
The rain never came, but it was chilly and the game started on time.  Saturday give away day and the  RubberDucks had it's 3rd Annual Comicon Superhero Shield giveaway.
I did not take any baseball cards or baseball as the rain would have damage the autographs. Just a fan tonight. Duck had their ACE Shawn Morimando on the mound. He is on the big clubs 40 man roster. After tonight's game he improved to a league leading 8-0 on the season. It took until the 5th inning for the Ducks to take the lead, but when they did they kept the lead and add more runs winning 5-2. The way I have seen them play this year there is no deficit the Ducks can't rally from. They may not come from behind and win every game, but it sure will be fun to watch them try.

Game three: It looked pretty dry at the campground so I left early for the day game to see if there would be BP today. The Ducks did not have BP and the Mets started late. There was only one ball that left the field during BP and I got it. That is not normal to have only one foul ball at BP. But, as my mom always said, "one is better than none". Sun was out and looked a lot better than game 2.
Before the game started, I saw a RV parked outside the stadium. Another RV'er who loves baseball... who would have guessed?
 The Ducks wasted no time putting runs on the board today, and they kept adding on the whole game. There would be no nail biting today. Ducks won 7-1 sweeping another series at home. That is now 13 straight wins at home. Ducks are 31-11 with a 7.5 game lead in the division.

Weeks 7 haul
Not a lot to show off this week, but the weather
played a big roll in the autographing game.

Week's total: 3 games, 1 balls (0 give-a-way), 6 autographs, 1 SGA
Games: 1 day  2 night  0 doubleheader   Home record: 3-0

Akron's total: 17 games, 87 balls (34 give-a-way), 59 autographs, 1 bat, 5 SGA, Give away $ ($2.00)
Games: 6 day  11 night  0 doubleheader   Home record: 15-2

2016 baseball season total: 31 games, 128 balls (39 give-a-way), 135 autographs, 8 bats

No comments:

Post a Comment