Sunset

Sunset

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

TOMBSTONE, AZ

TOMBSTONE, AZ

For our day trip we found ourselves at OK Corral in Tombstone, AZ. I visited Tombstone back in 1998 when I attended Navy training at Fort Huachuca Army base close by. Even though I have visited once before, the wife wanted to see too.

The drive was longer than we expected. Tombstone is on the other side of Tuscan. Buckeye to Tuscan is two hours. It took almost another two to get there. After we arrived we checked to see when the next show was and then headed to Crystal Palace Saloon for some well needed food. We drove the whole four hours non stop and was starving. I had the traditional hamburger while the wife had a taco salad. The bartender and waitress along with the saloon was stages like the 1880's (but, what do I know, I was not around back then).






We then attended the gunfight show of the OK Corral. The show was pretty much the same as it was in 1998. The wife did not know anything about the OK Corral, Wyatt Earp. One of our movie nights I will have to play Wyatt Earp or Tombstone so she get an idea of the time and place. I did a short video (4 min) of the 30 second gun fight and history of the men of the gunfight.






We hung around town for a while before getting back on the road for the four hour ride home. On our way out we stopped by Boothill Graveyard. The final resting place for Billy Clanton, Tom McLaury and Frank McLaury of the three men shoot and killed in the streets of Tombstone in 1881.






Trailers note: On the way out of Tombstone and heading back to I-10 there is a US Customs and Immigration checkpoint. It was just before sunset and there was not a long wait only three cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment