Sunset

Sunset

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE GAME 1

ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE GAME 1

I will be attending several games and was going to blog in one large post, but after just two game it was a large page so I will post on each game. Each blog will be titled Arizona Fall League Game #.

30 Oct 13
Rafters vs Saguaros

Surprise Stadium home field of Surprise Saguaros also the home field of the Texas Rangers and Kansas City Royals during spring training. General admission is only $7 for any seat (first come, first serve) and parking is free. You can't beat that price to see the future stars of Major League Baseball. The gift shop was giving out free tickets for the East vs West Fall Star Game that is played on 2 Nov at Surprise Stadium, so I got two tickets for the wife and me. All the players were fan friendly and was willing to sign anything. I always have Travis Shaw cards or pictures, but the Cleveland Indians was on the same team so all my wish was rolled up in one giant gift box. Of course, Travis Shaw was the first person I went to. He was surprised to see me as I told him I'll follow you anywhere throughout you career. I asked him how he felt about his fellow Kent State SS Jimmy Rider being traded (by the Pirates) to the Red Sox, he replied that it was cool that he might have a chance to play with him once again. Next on my list was the Indians. I got Tyler Naquin and Tony Walters. Garin Cecchini (Red Sox) saw me and ask if I was part of Duck Dynasty (just because I have long hair and beard.... do I look like Duck Dynasty?) and then he threw me a ball as he entered the dugout. After the game was over I would get him to sign a picture I took of him at 2013 Spring Training in Fort Myers, FL. During the game a foul ball rolled into the home dugout and one of the players threw me the ball. Two balls in one game, one reads "Practice Ball Minor League" and the other "Official Ball Arizona Fall League".


This Picture will be printed and personally signed like all the rest I have with him in different uniforms

 Now, for the game. The first 5 innings the Rafters were in control, but the next three inning belonged to Saguaros. I would like to think it was Travis Shaw who sparked the comeback. Bottom 6th down by 4 and 2 outs Travis Shaw advanced to second base on a pass ball. Full count the batter swung and missed, but the catcher let the ball get past him as the catcher throw the ball to first where the runner was called safe; Travis Shaw was hustling around third and scored to cut Rafters lead in half. Bottom 7th down 2 bases loaded and 2 outs on a 2-0 count Shaw got a fastball and took it for a ride over the right field fence for a grand slam to take a 8-6 lead (with the attendants of 251 I was the only one cheering as Travis crossed home plate) and secured the comeback as the Saguaros rolled on to a 12 -6 win. Travis Shaw went 3-5 with 2B, HR and 4 RBI.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?md=20131030&content_id=63531600&vkey=news_t527&c_id=t527



I had horse blinders on as I only took pictures of Travis Shaw. I will work on getting other player pictures at the next games.
Look at all the goodies I got before, during and after the game.

My Travis Shaw collection stand at 306 and counting.


No comments:

Post a Comment