Sunset

Sunset

Thursday, June 27, 2013

20th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

18 JUNE

One day you get married and the next it has been twenty years! Where has the time gone? Looking back most of the time I was stationed on a ship and out to sea, so ten years we was apart. Maybe that was the key to being married so long, free time away from the wife. Sometime I wish we were never apart for so long, but that is why I think we are so close today. I'm trying to make up for the time we was apart. Living in a RV you have to get along, there is no where for you to go. You cant go to the other bedroom or lock yourself in the bathroom.

Because of her birthday just a few days ago we did not do much. I made her a video DVD of pictures of us together over the last twenty years with songs from Journey: After All These Years ([2008] Revelation) and Bret Michaels: All I Ever Needed ( [2005] Freedom Of Sound). We took our wedding rings to the jewelry store to get checked and cleaned. Then, we went out to eat at a Japanese buffet for late lunch/early dinner. A nice quite day all to ourselves.

I had to do some digging, but I found some of our wedding pictures. I had to scan them (no digital camera in 1993). I also found some of our Japanese wedding pictures too, but that anniversary is not until October.

Wife's dress same my mom worn when she got married
and me in my service dress whites
Japanese Kimono 
Japanese Dress and Tuxedo

No comments:

Post a Comment