Sunset

Sunset

Thursday, June 20, 2013

AKRON AEROS vs PORTLAND SEA DOGS
7,8 & 9 JUN
My favorite baseball player (Travis Shaw) returned home for a three game stent against my beloved Cleveland Indians Double A farm team the Akron Aeros. I had this day marked on my calendar all season. I got tickets for all three games behind the visitors dugout, where last year I got two game balls... will my luck continue? Travis had been in a slump lately and when he left Ohio, he was still in the slump. He was 1 for 9 with 3K's 3BB and 1SB. In the end the good guys (Akron) took the series 2-1. As always I was on the hunt for autographs at the game. I put all my efforts on the Portland Seas Dogs and after the three game series was over I made a killing; I had 9 autographs (8 Travis Shaw and 1 Xander Bogaerts [Red Sox number 1 prospect]) 1 game used baseball and one night was bobblehead give-a-way where the person was at the game and signed one of the bobbleheads. 

The Akron Aeros won the 1012 Eastern Leagues Double A Championship, but I could not find the pennant anywhere. I walked to the box office and asked one of the workers where the pennant was. She told me it was in the lobby of front office. I told her I want to take a picture of it and she lead me to the office. I got a picture of the 2012 Champions pennant and also saw all four Championships trophies from 2003, 2005, 2009 and 2012.  I'm glade I asked, or I would never have seen them. Another view of the game behind closed doors.


Travis Shaw throwing ball in to stands
 Travis Shaw Fielding 1B
                                                 
 Travis Shaw at the plate
 New Scoreboard
 Xander Bogaerts [Red Sox number 1 prospect]
2012 Championship Pennant
 2003, 2005, 2009 and 2012 Championship Trophies
My autographs, game ball and bobbleheads collected in the series

As a foot note the MLB draft was held during this week and five players from Kent State was drafted Tyler Skulina P (4th R Cubs), Taylor Williams P (4th R Brewers), Eric Dorsch P (21st R Reds), Derek Todvine 2B (22nd R Yankees) and George Roberts (26th R Diamondbacks). This makes the third straight years that Kent State had five or more players drafted in a season.

No comments:

Post a Comment