Sunset

Sunset

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

AKRON RUBBERDUCKS WEEK 3

AKRON RUBBERDUCKS WEEK 3


Week 3
18-20 Apr

Binghamton Mets arrive for a three game series, before the RubberDucks head back out on the road for seven game in eight day road trip.

Game one: Once again I was there for Mets BP and on the third foul ball I hit another ballhawk milestone with my career 200th ball off the bat of Mikis De La Cruz. I finished the day with five balls and gave one away to a little girl (with her father) stand on the fence looking into the stadium watching BP. Being a season ticket holder I get the chance to get BP balls, while the kids watching outside the stadium do not. My goal is to give away 100 baseballs this season.

The RubberDucks had two MLB players back in the lineup for their rehab games. I moved from my normal location along the third base foul line to beside the clubhouse & dugout entrance and was able to get Michael Brantley to sign my SI cover, Lonnie Chisnhall to sign a MLB baseball and Indians number one prospect Bradley Zimmer on two cards.

There was one broken bat from a Mets player. After the game I asked him for the bat, but he already gave it to the bat boy... So close! The RubberDucks won 4-1.

Game two: Another double digit day of 15 baseball at BP. With a small crowd on a cool nigh it was hard to find kids to give away baseballs, but I did find 8 kids who where happy to take the baseballs from me (with their parents permission first). For the attraction of the night was an Alpaca in the left field course.

Chisenhall was back in the lineup playing CF for the second straight day. There was only 3 people seeking autographs so I went down and got Lonnie one more time on a MLB baseball and Indians number two prospect Clint Frazier on two cards. I think I will take a break from getting RubberDucks autographs for a while as the players start to see me everyday, they might stop signing for me. However, I will try to get any MLB player on rehab as they will not be in Akron for long. I don't have cards of any Mets players, but I do for next week when Altoona Curve arrive. I will try and get the visiting team for a few games then back to the Ducks. The RubberDucks won 7-2.


Game three: Did not make it to BP, just a regular fan tonight. Chisenhall no longer on rehab as he got called to the major today. Brantley remains in Akron and was in the starting lineup tonight. The first 5 inning took only an hour, but the next 5 inning (extra inning game) took two hours. In the ninth inning with the bases loaded, two out and full count Clint Frazier was at bat he striked out swinging and then broke his bat over his knee. Bottom of the Tenth inning was highlighted with Bryon Myles walk-off sac fly to left for a Ducks 3-2 win.

The RubberDucks sweep the series 3-0. Now with a  10-3 record first in the their division and holds a 3.5 game lead. 


Week 3 haul


Week's total: 3 games, 20 balls (9 give-a-way), 7 autographs
Games: 0 day  3 night  0 doubleheader   Home record: 3-0


Akron's total: 7 games, 53 balls (17 give-a-way), 26 autographs, 2 SGA Give-a-way $ ($2.00)
Games: 2 day  5 night  0 doubleheader   Home record: 5-2

2016 baseball season total: 21 games, 93 balls (23 give-a-way), 102 autographs, 7 bats

NEXT WEEK
Altoona Curve for three game weekend series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment