Sunset

Sunset

Friday, February 5, 2016

USS LEXINGTON & AMAZON UPDATE

USS LEXINGTON & AMAZON UPDATE

January has come to a end and we can't believe how fast time has flied. My New Years Resolution of working out is still going strong. My running has increased to 5~6 miles a day depending on how good I feel. My knees have been taking a beating on the treadmill. I have to walk or slow jog to grease my joints before upping the speed or I ride the bike to give my knees time to recover. I feel like a mid twenty something inside, but my body is trying to tell me my true age. My goal is to live a long and health life, see and do everything I can. And one day be on the Smucker's jam bottle celebrating my 100th birthday.

Just in case I don't make it to my 100th Birthday.


I have not reveled all my bucket list goal, but this is probably the best time to do this one. I want to run and complete a marathon by 2017. But, before I can run 26 miles I have to run 1 mile. I want to run a few 5K & 10K then half marathon before taking the leap to a full marathon. I know the end goal, but the journey along the way is the most rewarding.

We bought our USS Lexington tour ticket on base at ITT and saved a few bucks. It was a nice day for the drive over the bridge to downtown Corpus Christi. I don't recommend anyone taking their RV as parking is slim for over size vehicles, unless you park at the Texas State Aquarium ($5.00) and making a day of visiting both places.

I don't know why I go to retired Navy ships? After 20 years in the Navy I think I would be sick of them, but I guess I'm just an old salty dog and it's in my blood. The tour is self guided and being a Monday we pretty much had the ship to ourselves.











We still have a week left in Corpus Christi to relax. Not much more to do in this area. We are starting to get a little jumpy and looking to get back on the road. We will have three days to get to NAS Pensacola, FL and we are looking for some spots to stop along the way.




2016 Amazon CamperForce applications are now open and we applied for Murfeesboro, TN. We requested a start date of 1 Oct. All we have to now is sit back and wait.


Future ideas:
I want to start making videos again, but a few months ago I got a warning from Youtube for using copyright music and one video was removed. Not sure why all my other videos were not removed too? I'm not making any money off these videos. I gave a link to iTunes for the song(s) I used, not sure what else I could do. I don't want a video to play around 10 minutes with no sound. When I figure out what path I'm going to take with the videos I'll post them and let everyone know.



WHAT'S NEXT:
3 day drive  from NAS Corpus Christi, TX to NAS Pensacola, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment