Sunset

Sunset

Monday, December 8, 2014

LIFE AT AMAZON AND BEYOND

LIFE AT AMAZON AND BEYOND 

I know it's been a while since my last post, but working 50~55 hr weeks on the night shift is no easy task for anyone. My little off time is spend with my wife (if one of us is not sleeping). Hence, this post being written early in the A.M. on my off day when I can't sleep because my body thinks I should be up putting items on the shelves so Amazon buyers like you can get your gifts for the holiday season.  

With my Amazon end date conformed (20 Dec), I'm starting to daydream of sitting by the poolside soaking in the Arizona sunshine and playing water volleyball with the gang at Leaf Verde. Until then, I officially have 8 more working days, then a short pit stop in Cali before heading to Leaf Verde for the rest of the snowbird season. 

Working at Amazon is not glamorous and definitely no walk in the park, it's hard work. In the end, I think it was worth it. Personally, I've lost 14 pounds and never felt better. On a down side, after a year and half  I cut my beard off (for safety reasons), but my hair is still long. I just tie it up everyday before I go into work, I meet some younger people around my age and I finally caught up with a fellow BLOGGER  (actually second time, we met at Zion NP this summer) I have been following since the wife and I started full-timing. Free campsite and a great hourly wadge (with overtime) we earned enough to enjoy summer 2015. I think I've talked the wife into working next season at Amazon with me, so we can double our pleasure for summer 2016. Work hard for two and half months out of the year and do whatever we want the rest of the year ... life can't get much more easier then this.

Lastly, if you're going to applying for CamperForce for the first time this year because of the advice and information I've shared about the program this year on this BLOG, I'd be one happy camper if you'd list me under "How did you hear about this opportunity" field on the application (Russell Bennett). 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you have had a good experience and will enjoy more on your next adventure because of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have heard so many mix stories about Amazon, I just had to go into it with an open mind. NV is closing for campers next year, so I will have to go somewhere else (TN, KY or rumors of TX), but at least I have an understanding on what to expect next season.

      I have not worked in 2 years and I can't get up every day at 4:30am and go into work, that is why I work on the night shift.

      I love traveling and doing whatever we want. However, to keep that lifestyle up I wanted to add extra $$ besides my military retirement. Best time to do that is in the winter.

      Delete