Sunset

Sunset

Saturday, March 22, 2014

RVillage.com

RVillage.com

I don't like to blog about news or trends. Most people have already read or know what happened by the time they read this. However, in only a few days I have found this website to be very useful and believe that it will be a tool that all RV'ers will use to make their next or even current trip helpful.


RVillage.com is a free site were RV'ers of all walk of live can meet, join groups and make new friends. When you set up your account, you can put as much or as little information as you want. However, if you don't want to put a lot of information at least put your current location. I selected the RV park I'm at now and a list of members in my park displayed. On the first day I found two people in my RV park. One couple I knew the other is only at the park for a month, but after reading their blog he has have done some activities we want to do in the area, but have not done yet. It was a nice ice breaker to get to know someone in the park who is not staying close to me that I don't see on a daily bases. I have even meet other full-timers around my age. Instead of trying to read every RV blog, Facebook or Twitter account and finding the ones that fit my style, I joined a group, view the members list and even made a forum post. Next day I got request and messages from other with the same background as me. Every time you move to a new park or are on the road, update your status and other in your area or park will appear. This makes it easy to see others who are around you that may have the same hobbies and interests as you do. The website is kinda new and has only 3,062 member (at time of post), but as more RV'ers learn about this site the larger it will grow and more easier to connect to old friends and make new ones.

Go to www.RVillage.com watch the short video and if it sounds like something that is useful and you may use, create an account and look me up (Russell & June). See ya' online.

No comments:

Post a Comment