Sunset

Sunset

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

ALABAMA WEEK 4: TO COLD TO MOVE

This week we kicked back, relaxed and snuggled by the electric fire place keeping warm on a week that did not see the temperatures reach above 60 F. The sky was overcast and cloudy all week. The sky did however clear and open up for one night where we got a glimpse of the Geminid Meteor Shower on Wednesday 13 December.  Sorry, I have no pictures of the meteor shower. We did however get out to the post office to drop off our Christmas cards (if your family, keep your eyes open for your card... surprise). We got lucky, the sun came out for a few hours and I made a trip back to the park with the Christmas lights. This time I brought my tripod and was able to get our Christmas picture.






Friday night was the monthly pot luck. Most of the campers showed up and there was lots of food to go around for everyone. The wife made Japanese style fried chicken. She put sliced lemons next to the chicken and everyone thought it was fried fish. We were able to sit and talk to everyone and really got to know our neighbors then just the causal hello in passing. I have to say, I really like the staff and community at Azalea Acres. Most of the campers are seasonal and are here every winter. They opened their arms and welcomed us in, by far the best group of people we have met as a whole.


While I 'm on the topic of Azalea Staff, there was a surprised drop off of rosemary trees (I'm not one hundred percent sure how they got that so many, so I can't tell you) more than enough for every camper to get at least one tree. I think the wife will use it for cooking later. The front patio by the office door and the pavilion is still full of small trees.


                               Finally, I got a Navy flag and now it hangs on the awning arm on our RV.


The work crew fought the cold and finished putting the pavilion up. The staff is now putting Christmas lights up everywhere. There is no picnic tables or chairs put out yet, but I'm sure it will look nice when they are finished. Also, I heard they are going to build a stage in the pavilion for the annual concert that is held in April.


                   Some picture on our road trip in Alabama week 3. I just have to show them to everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment