Sunset

Sunset

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

HOW TO REPLACE A BAGGAGE DOOR LATCH

HOW TO REPLACE A BAGGAGE DOOR LATCH

We are getting close to having our RV for three years and something finally broke, that I can fix. The good thing is that it happened while we are in a RV park and that it's was only the baggage door latch (three latches on two doors). We are about ready to get on the road for our summer trip and the last thing we needed was for our baggage doors to open while on the highway and all our stuff fly onto the road.  

The replacement part cost about $10 a latch and only about 5 minutes to complete. The bad news, the RV comes with square screw head, while the replacement comes with philips head. I stayed with the square head, because the philips screw was a little thicker and did not fit perfectly. Another thing, the replacement part did not come with instructions on how to install the part. I was learning by trial and error. I worked on one door, then I decided to record a how to video just in case someone out there had the same problems I did. There is a palm tree right next to our rig, making it a small area to work and record a video. If your interested in seeing me replacing a baggage door latch on a Fleetwood Jaboree clink  HERE

Now that I have a youtube account with this blog I'm able to make and post videos. I don't have video editing software (yet), so all videos are currently raw and uncensored. Once I get video editing software I'll start post more videos with my blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment