Sunset

Sunset

Friday, February 13, 2015

NEW TOY, NEW FRIENDS AND BAD LUCK

NEW TOY, NEW FRIENDS AND BAD LUCK

This week I got a new toy and I have not stopped playing with it yet. We meet some fellow bloggers and the wind did a number to our RV entrance door.

I got a Gopro 3 and have not put it down. I recorded action in the pool, hike in the desert and the sunset. Looks like I will be using the Gopro on our 2015 road trip. I like the small size along with the 3-in-1 tripod makes it easy to carry. The only down side is I can’t preview what I’m recording without the wifi connection, and we don’t have a smart phone so it would be useless to get the adopter.


Not one, but two bloggers are in the park this past week, Jim & Chris from geeks on tour and John & Stephanie from rv daily life. Jim & Chris were taking their quadcopter to the open desert to fly with their Gopro 3 to do some video shooting. We got together with John & Stephanie (who are around our age) to play a few rounds of shuffle board. Neither of us has ever played before, needless to say we did not stand a chance of winning, but we all had fun. If you got some free time click on their links and check out their blogs.

The other day, the wife opened the door and the wind took it out of her hands and six rivets snapped off leaving the door just hanging. I don’t have a rivet gun, so I had to get the parks handyman to come over to fix it. He had to drill the old rivets out, and then put new ones in. Easy fix, but I did not have the tools. This is the third time I needed a rivet gun and did not have one. I think I’ll have to invest in one soon.


Just finished our Oregon video and is now uploaded to our youtube page. Click on the link to the right to view all our videos.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you and The Wife..(gads... it could just be me, but I hate that moniker) are having some great if unexpected experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was think on using her (Japanese) name, but she is a little worried. I could use her American nickname... I'll talk to her about that.

    The unexpected experiences is part of the lifestyle, we gotta roll with the punches.

    ReplyDelete