Sunset

Sunset

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

THE SMELL OF THE BASEBALL SEASON IS IN THE AIR

THE SMELL OF THE BASEBALL SEASON IS IN THE AIR

6 Jan

With the Baseball Hall of Fame Class of 2015 announced welcoming four new member I watch growing up means only one thing ... the start of the 2015 season is just around the corner. Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, John Smoltz and Craig Biggio were all elected to the 2015 Class. Craig Biggio should have been elected two years ago. He was an all star in three different positions (catcher, second base, outfield) his number are similar to that of Derek Jeter and EVERYONE knows he will be elected in his first year. There was one big name left off the list, one of the best power hitting catchers the game have ever seen in Mike Piazza. Like Biggio, he will eventually get into the Hall of Fame too. I can see into the future Ken Griffey Jr and Mike Piazza Hall of Fame Class of 2016!

Today, was the best time then any to make my first trip to Goodyear Ballpark. A few months back I applied to volunteer at the ballpark for spring training, but will not find out if I got chosen to work until mid January. So, I started to get my FREE game tickets for all 30 games to be played at Goodyear this spring. Just like last year Goodyear Ballpark is giving one ticket to every game to military pass and present with a valid ID. I got the first week games and the bobblehead give-a-way game. Indians bobblehead game is 7 Mar with Micheal Brantley and the Red on 14 Mar with Billy Hamilton.     


My two favorite baseball words ... Play Ball! 

UPDATE:

I was just picked up as a volunteer to work at Goodyear Ball Park. My training is to start on 4 February. On none Indians games I will be working at the stadium. Even though it's not a paying job, my dream has come true to work in the baseball business. My foot is in the door and now I will have experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment