Sunset

Sunset

Thursday, November 14, 2013

ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE GAME 4

ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE GAME 4

11 Nov
Mesa Solar Sox vs Peoria Javelinas

This game was played at Surprise Stadium. These were the free tickets I got at a Surprise game last week. Big name prospects are Kris Bryant (Cubs) 2013 1st round #2 pick, Addison Russell (A's) 2012 1st round #11 pick, Brian Goodwin (Nationals) 2011 1st round #34 pick and Delino DeShields Jr (Astros) 2010 1st round # 8 pick. Needless to say these are the players I will be seeking to get their autographs.

When the gates open we headed to the runway where the player enter their clubhouse. On the way I found a ball just laying on the ground next to a fence. Must have been from batting practice as the ball is really worn and the stitches are coming out. This ball's has seen it's last action as it is now in my collection and will never be used again. This makes my tenth game used ball and third of the Fall League Season. No luck on any players signing after batting practice. I waited around until they came out for warm ups. Much better luck this time around I got Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to sign on MLB Baseball. Brian Goodwin was not signing for anyone today. After batting practice, before game or after game. I saw that Delino DeShields was not in the starting lineup, so I made my way to the left field bleachers where the Javelinas clubhouse is located. After the National Anthem he signed my 5x7 photo and signed for fans until the players took the field in the top of the first. I was also looking for Indians Jake Lowery. Not sure why he is on the Peoria team when the rest of the Indians players are on the Surprise team. Anyways, Lowery was already in the bullpen, so I took some pictures of him warming up a pitcher so I can get it signed at Spring Training.


Mesa won 4-0 with them scoring all their runs with runner on third and less than two out one on a sac fly and three on ground ball fielder choice. The most exciting part of the game was when Addison Russell launched his bat (swinging strike) into the standing (third base side) hitting the upper deck score board and fall into the lower level seating. I was surprised to see that there was no fans fighting to get the bat. As it landed one person picked it up and that was it. Mesa lead in the East remains at half game with three games  remaining in the season. Also, Travis Shaw and the Surprise Saguaros won clinching the West and punched it's ticket to the Championship game on Saturday 16 November.

This is most likely the last game of the season I will be attending. The Championship game will be streaming live on MLB.com and I'll watch it online rooting for Surprise to win it all. No more baseball blog .... until Spring Training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment